If you have a heart for animals in any way shape or form, the reason for this petition is going to absolutely break your heart. It will be clear very quickly why we need your signature and support. You can skip below at any time to sign your support.
We at iHeartDogs.com urgently need your voice and your signature to help shut down a truly heart breaking and horrific event that takes place every June in Yulin, China. Yulin is a small province in southeast China with approximately 6.7 million residents that is known for their yearly "Yulin Dog Meat Eating Festival". This barbaric "festival" is exactly what it sounds like - a horrific mass slaughter of dogs and cats in order to create a "unique culinary experience". This brutal "festival" involves what some call "savouring" the delicacies of dog and cat meat. It is driven by the belief that animals who die during the cooking process produce the most tender meat and as a result many animals are cooked alive or tortured. In order to fill the demand for meat, animals are commonly abducted from homes and shelters. There are even dog meat farms that have sprung up in years of late to supply food just for this event.
Some estimate 10,000 - 50,000 dogs and cats will suffer, be butchered, beaten to death, skinned alive and eaten in 2016.
Despite all these things, change is definitely at hand as a new generation of Chinese animal lovers increasingly view dogs as companions. The majority of the Chinese people are appalled at what happens at Yulin, and so together with their voice and ours we can make a difference. The sad reality is that The Yulin Dog Meat Festival will continue to take place every year unless we unite and speak out. It is up to us to come together as one voice to let the Chinese and local Yulin government know that the global community is shouting loudly "STOP YULIN" forever!
It is with compassion and strong determination we will send this letter - with your signature - to the Chinese Ambassador of the U.S. Ambassador Cui Tiankai and the Governor of Yulin GuangXi Province China Mr. Chen Wu.
Dear Ambassador Cui Tiankai and Governor Mr. Chen Wu,
We strongly and respectfully urge the Chinese government to end the suffering of the thousands dogs killed annually at the Yulin Festival. It is with great respect for the Chinese people and Chinese culture that we speak out, but are horrified to see the brutality to animals that is a core part of the Yulin Festival. We firmly believe it is our responsibility as a collective humanity to stand together and protect all animals from any kind of abuse whatsoever.
Beyond permanently ending the Yulin Meat Festival, we are also asking the Chinese government to organize and pass legislation that would indefinitely ban the slaughter of dogs and cats in China and create a punishable offense for anyone who is guilty of harsh treatment, confinement, transport, slaughter, neglect - or any form of animal abuse.
Please join us by signing below and standing up to "STOP YULIN!" We need you.The global community needs you. The dogs need you.
We plan on sending our first letter no later than June 1st and then continuing to send updated letters detailing the outcry of support and signatures as our support continues to grow. We will not stop until we get justice for all of these animals.
Sign Now & Make Your Voice Count!
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 17:16 pm
- STOP! STOP! STOP!
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 16:34 pm
- Stop the cruelty. Ban this inhumane ritual immediately!
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 16:07 pm
- PLEASE MAKE THIS SUFFERING STOP
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 16:02 pm
- Save these dogs and cats! This is barbaric and inhuman to slaughter helpless animals. Stop this at once!
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 15:56 pm
- This is a disgusting barbaric event that needs to be stopped now.
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 15:25 pm
- PLEASE STOP THIS! It is sadistic and appalling - absolutely heartbreaking and horrifying. The torture and slaughter is absolutely unbearable for me to think about but I'm committed to try my best to support these efforts!
Michele M Roark
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 13:21 pm
- Please save these dogs!
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 12:23 pm
- Stop this insanity!
Mary Ellen Johnson
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 04:18 am
- Thank you for this opportunity to give a voice to these brutally and painfully butchered innocent animals. As a devoted animal lover, I personally experience just how intelligent, loving and loyal dogs and cats truly are; how they positively affect the lives of all the caring humans that rescue, provide medical care, shelter, protect and love the pets that enter each of their lives. I sign this petition and participate with the multiple thousands of like minded fellow humans in hopes that each signature will carry our positive energy along with the belief that our outreach for this purpose will make a positive difference.
Signed Thursday, March 23rd 02:55 am
- I'm a huge animal lover and would like to help make this stop! I live in the inland empire so please let me know what I can do out here!???